Monday, November 17, 2008
package of chicken thighs (I usually get a large package)
jar of apricot preserves
bottle of russian dressing
package of dry onion soup
mix soup, preserves and dressing
put over chicken in pan
cover with foil
cook at 350 for a few hours
(take off foil during last 1/2 hour)
serve of rice!
DELICIOUS!!!!! Easy, tasty, freeze whatever is left for another meal! ENJOY!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 lb), thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings (optional! we don't do onions)
- 3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground white or black pepper, or to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.
Monday, November 3, 2008
So I'm always in the mood to try new things and I found this and we all loved it! I skipped out on the nuts and we only had 2 pork chops, but it was still wonderful. See the original recipe here.
Caramel Apple Pork Chops
4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced
3 tablespoons pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Place a medium dish in the oven to warm.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans.