Wednesday, January 20, 2010

BOLOGNESE SAUCE

Oh I have been meaning to post this recipe because I LOVE homemade spaghetti sauce and this one is just so yummy and easy! And it uses the crockpot. I LOVE my crockpot!! The only thing I did different was add only half the marjoram and used half beef half sausage. ENJOY!

BEST SLOW COOKER BOLOGNESE SAUCE EVER

2 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
8 cloves garlic, minced
3 14 oz cans chopped tomatoes, drained
2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
2 6 oz cans tomato paste
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
2 teaspoons dried marjoram
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

1. Cook beef in large skillet until browned.

2. Transfer to 5 quart slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients, mix well.

3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

4. Serve over your favorite pasta. Happy sigh

Original found HERE

No comments: