Monday, January 5, 2009

BBQ Chicken in the Crockpot

I made this yesterday for lunch after church - Wow was it good!!! And super easy too.

6 chicken breasts (I used 5 frozen ones from Meijer that were partially thawed)
1 bottle (12 oz.) of your favorite bbq sauce (make sure you use a good one - I used Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy)
1/2 cup of Italian dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (I didn't have any, so I used A-1 sauce and it turned out great.)

Put chicken breasts in crockpot. Mix together the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. If you use frozen chicken you may have to adjust the cooking time a little. I took the chicken out once it was done and shredded it and then added it back into the sauce on high for about 30 - 45 minutes. The chicken had great flavor and was really juicy, but a bit too runny, so I think next time I will pour off some of the sauce before I put the shredded chicken back in. I served it as a sandwich on toasted wheat buns and put a little mozzerella cheese on top of mine. Jer didn't like the cheese on it, he preferred it plain. I ate two sandwiches and Jer ate 3 we liked them so much!! Great leftovers too!

I found the original recipe here.

1 comment:

shell said...

oh that sounds DELICIOUS! i will have to try it!