Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mint Chocolate Brownies

I made these for small group on Friday and then we cancelled and i figured I would just save them for next week. It is Sunday and there are only four left in the freezer. They are SO SO SO Good!!!!


(I totally stole this picture from the blog I got this recipe from-lets hope she doesn't sue me, but I had to show how yummy they looked!!!!!!!!!!)


Mint Chocolate Brownies

******First Layer******

2 squares of unsweetened baking chocolate
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs beaten
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup nuts (i didn't add these)

-line 8x8 with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
-oven 350 degrees
-in saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat
-combine in mixing bowl with sugar and eggs
-add flour and nuts and combine well
-pour batter into pan and bake 20-25 minutes (mine took a little longer)
-cool completely

******Second Layer******

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons butter
1 1/2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
green food coloring

-mix all together and spread over cooled brownies

******Third Layer******

2 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
2 Tablespoons of butter

-melt together in saucepan
-pour over green frosting
-tilt pan back and forth to cover entire top in thin layer

put in freezer to harder,
take out and pull away foil, cut into small squares
they freeze really well, if you have discipline

1 comment:

Emily @ Live Renewed said...

Oooh, I saw those on her blog and totally wanted to make them. They look SOOOO good!! Now I'm sad that we didn't have small group on Friday!! :) Oh, yeah, I missed seeing everyone and discussing spiritual things too...